This Almond Joy Layer Cake is made with layers of moist chocolate cake, a delicious flakey coconut filling, almond slivers, coconut frosting and chocolate ganache! It’s the perfect cake for celebrating today’s occasions!
Yield: 12-14 SLICES
1 3/4 cups (228g) all purpose flour
2 cups (414g) sugar
3/4 cup (85g) cocoa
2 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup (240ml) milk
1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup (240ml) hot water
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups (280g) sweetened shredded coconut
2-4 tbsp slivered almonds
1 1/4 cup (280g) butter
1 1/4 cups (237g) shortening
10 cups (1150g) powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp coconut extract
5-6 tbsp (90-105ml) water or milk
6 oz (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
Almond Joy candy bars, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare three 8 inch cake pans with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper in the bottom.
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Set aside.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a medium sized bowl and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Get the next step on Life, Love, and Sugar (link here).