Serves: 10-12 slices
For the cake:
2 cups (300 grams) fresh blueberries + 1 tablespoon (8 grams) all-purpose flour
2 and ¾ cups (345 grams) all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
⅓ cup (80ml) fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon zest
¼ cup (60 ml) canola or vegetable oil
1 cup (230 grams) full fat sour cream, room temperature
For the lemon glaze
1 cup (120 grams) confectioners sugar
2-3 tablespoons (30-45 ml) fresh lemon juice, use as needed
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour to a mixing bowl and toss together until all of the blueberries are coated with the flour. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar for about 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs one a time until well combined, then mix in the vanilla. Slowly mix in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and oil.
- Add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients on low speed. Mix in each addition until just combined, making sure not to over mix the batter. There will be quite a bit of batter, so I suggest using a rubber spatula to turn the batter a few times to make sure everything is well combined. Then add the blueberries and gently fold them into the batter until just combined.
- Visit Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake @ livewellbakeoften.com for full instructions.